Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Hump Day

~Happy Hump Day World~
Going to school isn't very fun for mom in the mornings. Tanner done great the first week, then after that he seems to not want to go. HELP!!
He threw a fit all morning, I knew I was going to have to walk him in the school because he wasn't going to get out of the car otherwise. So we sign in and go to the cafeteria, he clings onto me and starts bawling. I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Luckily the coach happened to walk up, again, and immediately took him and talked to him as they walked to the gym. 

So when I got home I started asking for advice and thinking of things I could do to help the situation. I made some little cards with different activities, and stuff that is fun. I told him when he gets home everyday from school he gets to pick a card and whatever's on that card we get to do that day. If its $1 card he gets to save them up and buy something. He liked the idea. 

When I picked him up from school he was happy, started telling me about the science experiment they done today. He had a substitute, Mrs. Baker wasn't there today. The experiment was with magnets, they got to see how they worked. They picked up paper clips and different metal objects with them. He was excited about that.

Later that day we had to take a little trip to Grand Prairie to pick up daddy from work. He had to work late, so he didn't get to ride the van-pool. We stopped by Granny Nancy's before and Tanner got to play with Josh and Colton. He had fun, he didn't want to leave. They talked to him about school and how fun it was. I had hoped that it would help him. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment